Proudly serving PEI for over 30 years as first-class training schools JVI Driver Training and Abegweit Driving School have up-to-date training aids and materials. We have a fleet of cars and a team of experienced instructors who train over 900 students every year across PEI.
Instruction in Charlottetown, West Prince and/or Summerside.
- The successful candidate will be hired for training for both classroom and in-car training of beginner drivers.
- To be a motivational coach to both new and current students and guide them on the road to success.
- In-car road training and/or classroom instruction (Provincially certified training provided)
- Some general office administration will be expected (Training provided)
- Flexible with work schedule, and have a great work ethic with a strong people personality
- Flexible hours according to your schedule minimum 15 hrs/wk up to 40+ hrs/wk
As a certified Driving Instructor you will be working both with teenagers and adults from all walks of life helping them develop the skills that will make them competent, confident and considerate drivers. You will assist them as they practice the vehicle control, application of the rules of the road, assessment skills for hazards, dangers or emergency situations and developing an awareness of what other road users are doing. You will guide them through the process of making quick decisions to ensure their safety and that of the people and vehicles around them.
- Ability and desire to educate/teach
- Understanding of driving skills and the Highway Traffic Act
- Time management skills
- Excellent document and communication skills
- General knowledge of highway routes for training
Education / Related Experience:
- Grade 12 or Equivalent
- Licensed in Class 5 or higher with minimum 5 years driving experience in North America
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
Application deadline: March 5, 2021
Full-time or Part-time hours: 15 – 40+ per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour