Straight Truck Class 3A
JVI students will receive specialized training in a wide variety of areas including:
- Safe operation of tractor and/or tractor trailers under numerous driving conditions.
- Regular maintenance and safety inspections (Daily pre-op inspections).
- Air brake training and maintenance.
- Preparing for the unexpected.
Applicants must have or obtain:
- Applicants must have or obtain:
- A valid Drivers License for a minimum of 2 years.
- Hold a grade 10 certificate or demonstrate grade equivalency.
- A Drivers Abstract (available at the Highway Safety Division)
- A recent Provincial Medical Form with Vision Test included.
- Students may be required to submit to random drug testing
- Most importantly, JVI students must have a willingness to learn and develop themselves into highly qualified professionals.
Driving with skill is No accident – the road to learning starts here at JVI
Course fees include all written course materials. All other costs including the purchase of safety gloves and CSA approved safety boots are the responsibility of the student.
“Financial Assistance may be available through the Department of Workforce and Advanced Learning and Skills PEI through the Canada-PEI labour market agreements ”