Tractor Trailor Class 1A
Modern Equipment including:
53 foot weighted trailers
JVI students will receive specialized training in a wide variety of areas including:
- Safe operation of tractor and/or tractor trailers under numerous driving conditions, depending on program.
- Regular maintenance and safety inspections (Daily pre-op inspections).
- Air brake training and maintenance.
- Crossing the Canada/U.S. border (6 and 12 week program).
- Forklift training, Map reading, trip planning and manifests. (6 week program)
- Highway Safety Regulations- at home and abroad.
- Log book preparation.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods and WHMIS
- Emergency First Aid
- Preparing for the unexpected.
12 weeks ( 6 weeks OJT )
6 weeks – Training Only
3 weeks: : Refresher only
Applicants must have or obtain:
- A valid Drivers License for a minimum of 2 years
- Hold a grade 10 certificate or demonstrate grade equivalency.
- A Drivers Abstract (available at the Highway Safety Division)
- A Criminal Record Report
- A recent Provincial Medical Form with Vision Test included.
- Students may be required to submit to random drug testing
Most importantly, JVI students must have a willingness to learn and develop themselves into highly qualified professionals.
Driving with skill is No accident – the road to learning starts here at JVI
Course fees include all written course materials. All other costs including the purchase of safety gloves and CSA approved safety boots are the responsibility of the student.
“Financial Assistance may be available through the Department of Workforce and Advanced Learning and Skills PEI through the Canada-PEI labour market agreements ”