Class 3A (3 weeks) and Heavy Equipment Operation (8 weeks) Total 11 weeks
To prepare students to operate Heavy Equipment and Dump Trucks with competency
Applicants must have or obtain
- A valid Drivers License for a minimum of 2 years
- Hold a grade 10 certificate or demonstrate grade equivalency.
- A Drivers Abstract (available at the Highway Safety Division)
- A Criminal Record Report
- A recent Provincial Medical Form with Vision Test included.
- Students may be required to submit to random drug testing
Course fees include all written course materials. All other costs including the purchase of safety gloves and CSA-approved safety boots are the responsibility of the student.
“Financial Assistance may be available through the Department of Workforce and Advanced Learning and Skills PEI through the Canada-PEI labor market agreements ”
Most importantly, JVI students must have a willingness to learn and develop themselves into highly qualified professional heavy equipment operators.