School Bus Class 2A
JVI students will receive specialized training in a wide variety of areas relating to School Bus operation, including:
- Safe operation of a school bus under a number of driving conditions.
- Daily pre-trip inspections of your equipment.
- Air brake training and maintenance.
- Highway Safety Regulations (at home and out of province), log book preparation.
- Preparing for the unexpected.
Applicants must have or obtain:
- Applicants must have or obtain:
- A Drivers Abstract (available at any Highway Safety Division office).
- A valid license for a minimum of 5 years.
- A Criminal Record Report.
- A recent Provincial Medical Form with Vision Test included.
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- Student may be required to submit to random drug testing.
- Most importantly, JVI students must have a willingness to learn and develop themselves into highly qualified professional bus drivers
Driving with skill is No accident – the road to learning starts here at JVI
Course fees include all written course materials. All other costs including the purchase of safety gloves and CSA approved safety boots are the responsibility of the student.
Financial Assistance may be available through SkillsPEI funded by Canada-Prince Edward Island Labour Market Development Agreement (LMDA) and Labour Market Agreement (LMA).