See objectives for class 3A and Heavy Equipment Operation.
To prepare students to operate Heavy Equipment and Dump Trucks with competency
Location: Slemon Park, Summerside
Applicants must have or obtain:
- A valid Drivers License for a minimum of 2 years
- Hold a grade 10 certificate or demonstrate grade equivalency.
- A Drivers Abstract (available at the Highway Safety Division)
- A Criminal Record Report
- A recent Provincial Medical Form with Vision Test included.
- Students may be required to submit to random drug testing
Most importantly, JVI students must have a willingness to learn and develop themselves into highly qualified professionals.
Driving with skill is No accident – the road to learning starts here at JVI
Course fees include all written course materials. All other costs including the purchase of safety gloves and CSA approved safety boots are the responsibility of the student.
Financial Assistance may be available through SkillsPEI funded by Canada-Prince Edward Island Labour Market Development Agreement (LMDA) and Labour Market Agreement (LMA).