To ensure that graduates of this program are suitably trained to operate Heavy Equipment, transport it from site to site and drive Class 1A vehicles for whatever purposes are required in the industry
Location: Slemon Park, Summerside
Applicants must have or obtain:
- A valid Drivers License for a minimum of 2 years
- A Drivers Abstract (available at the Highway Safety Division)
- A recent Provincial Medical Form and Vision Test.
- Students are accepted on literacy at the discretion of the school. Students must have an aptitude for the industry.
- Students may be required to submit to random drug testing
Most importantly, JVI students must have a willingness to learn and develop themselves into highly qualified professionals.
Driving with skill is No accident – the road to learning starts here at JVI
Course fees include all written course materials. All other costs including the purchase of safety gloves and CSA approved safety boots are the responsibility of the student.
Financial Assistance may be available through SkillsPEI funded by Canada-Prince Edward Island Labour Market Development Agreement (LMDA) and Labour Market Agreement (LMA).